August 08, 2007:
Updated the Effigy Corset Page. For updates on a nearly daily basis, check out MirandaFern.com "The Blog Version" .
August 05, 2007:
Updated the Project Queue:
Current Projects: "The Effigy Bodies Project" can now be found on the "Projects Page."
Upcoming Projects: Three projects have been added. "A Quartet of Kirtles"is quite simply my goal is to build a set of assorted kirtles to go under my new gowns. "A Pair of Wool Gowns" is my project to build two fitted English Gowns of Wool Gabardine. "Two French Silk Gowns?"(the question mark isn't a typo, it references the title's similarity to a pie) outlines a project to make two silk twill gowns of a french cut.
June 20, 2007:
So this is the new site. And now, in true Academy Awards Style, I would like to thank the people who helped me reach this point.
- I would like to thank Pete, (love you Pete, you rock on so many levels.) As my birthday present this year, he purchased me a little chunk of Real Estate on the World Wide Web. Not only does he tolerate my general insanity, and the pins in his feet, he supports my endevors, and encourages them (I don't know who is crazier, him or me!)
- To my web host guy, the always helpful, perenially awesome web guru, Dave "The Wave" Black!
- To my parents, who supported me in the begining, by driving me to the fabric stores when I didn't have a car!
- To the lovely ladies at Joann Fabrics, where I still buy my utility fabrics and notions. They keep me stocked in cotton drill and thread.
- And finally, Daphne, my textile quality control expert. Doesn't matter what fabrics are lying out. The cat will always pick the most expensive to lounge on!
Next on the docket, after the big apartment move and after I finish "Dudley Trunkhose" for a friend, is a new corset, some new smocks, and a revamp of my exhisting washable farthingale, which my costume snob friends agree is just the right shape. This summer will prove to be interesting, as we "race towards Bristol."